I seem to have gotten over my ridiculous cravings, and am now simply craving chocolate, so guess I am back to being usual (not pregnant usual, just T-usual!). It kinda sucks though, cause I bought up lots of salty chippy type stuff, and we still have it left over, but no choc in the house (for obvious reasons - if it is here, it won't be here for long!)
Another weekend of shopping for house stuff. Sat was kinda quiet, PIL arrived in the afternoon with a box of mikan for us (yay) although I was kinda disappointed as they are to Japanese taste - i.e. really sweet. I like a bit of すっぱい in my mikan. Still hoffing them down though - gotta get that vitamin C into me! (speaking of which, just remembered must take my pre-natals....better do that now)
****shudder*****
why do they make the tablets so freakin' big?
So anyway, we ended up going to the new Chinese place down the road for dinner with PIL on Sat night, but it was quite a disappointment. Very small servings (even for Chinese) and expensive, and average taste. We won't be going back. (Or taking PIL back, as I couldn't stand another night of them complaining over the taste of the food, hehe)
Sunday we headed to a friend's house to drop off our old fridge. Then we went to a shopping mall close by - I know, what were we thinking, on a long weekend??? but it wasn't *too* maniac. I suggested that J should look for some shoes, as he has no casual shoes to wear out, only his bright blue running shoes - his other ones have a dirty big hole in them apparently. But he didn't find any he liked. In the end, we had maccas for lunch (J wanted to try the bacon quarter pounder and had a voucher for the set for 500yen) and bought a butter case from Loft then came home (via another sports shop looking for shoes, and a home centre where we bought a bath mat in turquoise blue, K's colour choice, and more brick blocks for the garden.) Wanted to go to sushi-ro for dinner, but K cracked a wobbly in the car (wouldn't keep her arms in the car seat) so I said either she put her arms in or we go home - we came home, and ate ramen for dinner.
Today was a morning trip out to Ikea to return our beloved stripey rug.....
I was talking to my mum recently about how my allergies seem to have gotten worse again recently, and how the rug still sheds a lot, even after a month. I expected it would shed a bit to start with, but when we had J's friends over the other night, I actually vacuumed once as some of them were out of the room, then again in the morning and there was still fluff everywhere from the rug!! I have to empty the vacuum after every time too. I also talked to my brother last weekend, who actually has a rug washing business, and he said that some wool rugs will just continue to shed for their life, it might have just been a bad lot or even just unlucky with that rug. But he reckoned that it would never stop shedding, and we should get rid of it. J wasn't so keen, he didn't think they would take it back, esp after we had used it for the month, but they hardly even questioned it. Thank you Ikea! I am sad to see it leave, as I really think it was the perfect colour/shape/ design for the living room, but I just couldn't have put up with the shedding anymore. We will look around now for a synthetic rug instead, I guess.
K and I are heading out for a playdate tomorrow morning - will catch the train, but will wear our masks, as I am still paranoid about catching the (swine)flu, esp since I can't even get a vaccination.
Monday, 23 November 2009
chocolate, mikan and rugs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Pregnancy cravings are so weird hey! I only ever craved hiyashi chukka, and that was impossible to buy in February!!!! I ate lots of vinegar by the spoonful too-atleast it was good for me....
ReplyDeleteForgot to mention that Nissen stock nice bathroom co-ords. I bought ours from the catalogue about 4 years ago and they still look good even after being washed twice a week (little boys!!!)
I have craved cheese my whole pregnancy, but it is more just a normal Lulu craving than a pregnancy related one I think.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a busy but nice weekend- I guess J had the day off today too for the long weekend which would of been nice.
Shame about your rug :-( I am sure you will find something else that will suit your living room soon.
Good luck swallowing those pregnancy vitamins- I know what you mean! I took Elevit and they were HUGE!
thanks achan. I quite like the look of some of the nissen stuff, too. I need more sheets too, so may place an order with them soon.
ReplyDeleteThe vinegar craving made me laugh. As for cheese, I am with you Lulu! Having yummy french soft cheese in the house is like a torture for me! I make up for my normal T-craving with cheese breads from the bakery.