Tuesday, 8 June 2010

beating the flummy with Mr Donuts

After a restless night, where SOMEONE (no names being mentioned, but it was a very small SOMEONE) decided that the hours of 3am-6am were going to be playtime, I woke up feeling suprisingly ok and almost energetic. It was looking overcast, so thought should rush out for R's walk - we only got as far as the bottom of the stairs (although there are something like 108 of them) to the park, when the rain started. We turned back once, but I had to post a letter, and K had her umbrella with her, so decided just to keep going to the letterbox. It started getting heavier on the way back though - well, bigger blobs of rain more than lots of it. Still, not that wet.

OMG - just as i sat down, DD has woken up from her nap. Lets see if this post ever gets finished. for now, it's play time.

========
5 hours later
========

Kidlets 1 and 2 are asleep (well, in bed at least for K, and out for the moment for L anyway), J is at the gym and I have 5 seconds to myself (to either clean the living room of all the paper that K has simply "cut" - she is INTO scissors at the moment, or finish clearing the dishes in the sink, or put in that load of washing to be washed overnight....or just sit here.) I actually just filled in my calendar for this month...there seems to be a lot going on! I love summer, with all the meet ups with friends etc. Am hoping to have several bbqs here over coming weekends too (now that we have GRASS in the backyard, whoo-hoo) - just gotta get ourselves organized.

Um, so cant remember what this post is supposed to be about. I think the main thing I wanted to say was that I well and trully deserved my donuts from MR DONUT today. After our morning walk in the semi-rain, we dropped R off at home then basically headed straight out again (by this time the rain had stopped) and walked all the way to the next train station,about 25mins away, to go to the bank and just have a general looksie around. I got some french bread to bring home for dinner, and some onigiri for lunch (as the bread shop didnt have anything much to my fancy for lunch) and sat down at the shopping mall to eat it before dropping in to MR Donuts for a special treat of a donut each, and 4 to bring home for dessert (yes, they are well and trully eaten up by now). And just to make sure I really deserved hte donuts, we walked home! UP the continuous slope. Dont know how long it took, but pushing a 14kg kid in a stroller with a near 5kg kid strapped to your flummy body has to be doing some good, right?!?

And now that I seem to still have a few seconds (fingers crossed) I am gonna tidy the monthly budget and finances. Tomorrow is supposedly rainy, so we are gonna CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN (well, that is the PLAN anyways....). Feeling kinda motivated for a bit of spring cleaning, actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment