Wednesday, 4 August 2010

boring rant

Got to the pool tonight, but it was a letdown.

  • J specifically told me in the afternoon that he had a late meeting, so would be home lateish and I should eat early and get ready so we could do the baton touch and I could get to the pool when he got home. I know I should be greateful that he thinks of me and tries to make it easier for me to get to the pool, but it had the opposite effect, and made me try to think of ways to get out having to go lol. Anyway, had the kids bathed, fed, J's dinner ready and even the house a bit clean by the time he got home, so off to the pool it was

  • realised I shouldn't have eaten salmon on a night I was going to the pool. Not as offensive as mackeral in a bento at lunch time, but driving to the pool I started to imagine the salmon repeating on myself as I swam laps....getting less motivated....

  • signed in and found out that they are closing a day early for obon. A day earlier than they originally advertised. Actually, not a whole day earlier, just a few hours earlier which means no evening session, so I can't go to the pool this Sat evening. Feeling a bit ripped off....

  • started swimming laps and the pool instructor (teaching aqua-aerobics in the lane beside me) stopped me at the end of a lap, and told me that I need to take my earings out bcoz, quote : "if they come off in the pool you wont be able to find them" end quote.

    I have NEVER lost a pair of earings in the pool b4. And as it turned out, I had no where safe to put them in my bag anyway and probably had more chance of losing them after taking them off..

    I know this is gonna seem really petty and pathetic, but this just really pissed me off, and got me upset. I had to get out of the pool,and back to the locker room to put my earings away.

  • THEN I got told off (not to my face) from the old bitties in the locker room bcoz I had dripped on the floor. I turned around and said something pathetic like "she told me while I was swimming to take them off" but thinking about it now they wouldnt have had ANY idea what I was on about (><)

  • came back to the pool and the lady apologies to me (again in front of her whole aqua aerobics class) while I say "yeh, well, I just got told off in the locker room too now"

  • jump back in the pool but now totally lost any motivation to swim

  • swallow some water half way down a lap and get the sneezes

  • regain a bit of motivation, enough to swim 40laps, then I call it a day. sneeze all the way home, and now got a headache.

    I know that the stupid little things that happened as soooooooooooo pathetic, and can't even understand why I am still whining about it.

    I just wish I HAD stopped off at the conbini on the way home to buy some oreos or something to take my mind off it =)

    Oh, and that sneaky kg that came off last week - managed to firmly plant itself back almost within the blink of an eye. dammit.

  • 2 comments:

    1. *hugs*

      that is a stupid reason. i was told that if you lost an earring (never happened to me, either, but i suppose it's possible!) that someone else could step on it and hurt their foot. that was fairly plausible so after that i always took off my earrings. if i remembered them all (i have six holes, and maybe a few in at a time!)

      sounds like the universe was trying to tell you to take a break from swimming! hope you're feeling better today!

      ReplyDelete
    2. conbini's open 24/7 - you could always go back now :)

      Hate days like that - when little things piss you off and make it feel like things are happening solely to make life harder for you. Well that's how I feel. Hope your feeling better now.

      ReplyDelete