This morning when I took R for a walk (at 10am - I just can't face the cold mornings, haha) I saw a mother with a kid about K's age. The kid was in the pram. No, actually, the kid was doing "the prawn" trying to get out of the pram. And he was screaming, a lot and very loud. And while I shot the mother what I hoped was a look of empathy, I was also letting out a little sigh of relief that K is not the only one who nuts out in public. I just never see the tanty-in-public. Even in Aus, for the whole month I don't think I saw any public tantrums. I know they happen, but it is nice to see one that is not coming from my tempremental offspring.
Yesterday we went down to the shops in the car. We were only there for about 20mins, and I think K was pretty good in the shop - carrying the basket the whole time. But she lost it when we tried to get her into the car. I let J deal with it this time - I figure he needs to be the one to take control rather than sit in the driver's seat waiting for it to end sometimes - and calm came about 13minutes later. I guess in the scheme of things, 13 mins is not long but it seems so much longer on tanty-time I am sure.
I do seriously dread taking K out sometimes at the moment though, because I just never know when it is gonna strike. But at least I know that I am not alone!
Monday, 2 February 2009
small sigh of relief
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




A public tanty?? Surely you haven't raised K to behave like that? My kids would never behave less than perfectly...
ReplyDeleteTell J 13 minutes is a very credible effort. Hub will often try, end up shouting and making it worse before giving up entirely and handing it over to me. SIGH.
lots and lots of kids here in kobe freaking out.
ReplyDeleteon the way to my last obgyn appt there was a little boy screaming and kicking his mom because he wanted to go to a different station than the one they were going to...
omg... i was like what have a got myself into lol